Social media engagement: building a more collaborative workforce

Using social media specifically to heighten employee engagement is not as established as its other uses, despite the potential for greater collaboration and ideas sharing. While it may be relatively early days for most organizations in terms of social media engagement, there are some who are using it to their advantage. They argue that if it is used well, social media can help foster more effective internal networking, communication and collaboration activity, as well as give employees a voice.

The most common usage in this context is employing tools such as Microsoft’s Yammer or Jive to encourage employees to converse more with their peers, creating a more positive and collaborative working environment.

Full article here.

Business use:

– Selling points and ideas for client’s looking to employ social media tactics in internal communications

Advertisements

A scientific guide to hashtags: How many, which ones, and where to use them

Hashtags have the potential to be truly valuable:

1. Twitter: Tweets with one or two hashtags get two times more engagement than tweets without. With more than two hashtags, however, engagement actually drops by an average of 17 percent.

2. Instagram: There doesn’t seem to be a saturation point for number of hashtags used and engagement.

3. Facebook: Facebook posts without a hashtag fare better than those with a hashtag. However, using hashtags might not be the main issue, but rather using too many hashtags.

4. Google+: Posts are given hashtags automatically based on their content, but you can also edit them or add more. Google+ hashtags are built right into Google searches.

Tools: Using the right tools, you can use hashtags as an organization system for your social media campaigns, e.g. hashtagify.me, RiteTag, Tagboard, Twitalyzer and Trendsmap.

Choosing hashtags: Research influencers, related hashtags, and popularity. Double check potential other meanings!

Full article here

 

The 80-20 rule for social media tools

Your business must commit 80 percent of posts to content that are interesting, informative, and relevant to the audience – this connects common interests and engages them in a chain of discussions. The remaining 20 percent is where the definite promotion of your brand happens.

Usage in client situations:

  • Infographics or wellness initiatives
  • Marketing-focused initiatives

Full article here