Designing an engaging and on brand social media graphic has never been easier. With the abundance of online tools and mobile apps available, the hardest decision you have to make is which one works best for you. Example tools:
PiktoChart: This free web app has over 100 customizable themes for Infographics, reports, banners and presentations.
Skitch: Simple tool designed to help you markup a photo, make notes on a webpage, point a location out on a map, or annotate a PDF.
- Discover opportunities to create simple designs in-house with free/low cost tools
- Understand what the design prcess requires: challenge quotes, save time/costs
Full list and descriptions here
Need a colour palette for a new client? Colour explorer lets you define a colour palette based on “rules” and provides the RGB for you to apply the scheme to other platforms like Word, PowerPoint or Indesign.
People remember 80 percent of what they see and 20 percent of what they read, an infographic by HubSpot says.
Consistent colour range – “Colour impression can account for 60% of the acceptance or rejection of a product or service.”
- Inform WHY certain colours work based on colour theory, instead of a gut feeling
- Use statistics to inform client proposals
- A way to justify incorporating (and paying for) design
Full article here